As proposed in Wednesday’s meet, the details of Malshej ghat ride.
Ride date : 02 Aug 2015, Sunday
Total distance : Approximately 350 km
The meeting point : Opp B U Bhandari, Pashan Road (Our Wednesday meet point)
Assemble by 0630 and start by 0700 on Sunday, 02 Aug 2015
The route planned is Pune-Khopoli-Badlapur-Murbad-Malshej-Junnar-Narayangao-Manchar-Chakan-Pune (http://goo.gl/maps/9QWR5).
Total distance covered would be around 350 km.
The approximate distances is as per Google Map and tentative plan is as below
Pune – Murbad ===> 153 km breakfast halt
Murbad – Malshej ghat – Junnar ===> 82 km lunch halt
Junnar – Pune ===> 90 km
Interested riders get in touch with Manish Hulbatte +91 99 23 795945.
Few details to to make you feel what you would miss if not ridden on this route in monsoon 😉
The meeting point : Opp B U Bhandari, Pashan Road (Our Wednesday meet point).
Assemble by 0630 AM and start by 0700 AM on Sunday, 02 Aug 2015.
Apart from our regular checklist for tools and safety gear, please check the below list.
- Valid Mediclaim of minimum 2 Lac for self. Validity should last till the tour ends. Carry a copy of the policy
- Valid documents for your bike (e.g. RC, Insurance, PUC, Driving Licence). Carry the originals or at leset photocopies
Bike preparation and accessories
- Physical fitness
- Complete riding gear (Riding Jacket, knee/shin guard, ankle length boots, full gloves, full face helmet).
- Few bungee cords to tie down luggage.
- A light, high energy snack (few chocolates, dry fruits etc). Sufficient amount of water.
- Spare spectacles (if you use one).
- Good quality goggles.
- Camera/phone and spare power supply, chargers, memory storage devices
RIDERS WITHOUT PROPER RIDING GEAR WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE WITH US!!!
Spares and tools
- Get your bike thoroughly serviced/checked by a good mechanic.
- Spare bike key
- Spark plug
- 2 metre of insulated electric wire
- 1 Number chain link
- 1 Set of all bulbs (headlight, tail light)
- 1 Set of ABC cables (Accelerator, Brake and Clutch)
- Tool kit. (Manish has a spanner set 6 to 22, 6″ adjustable spanner, 7″ pliers). Check your fasteners if they are of Metric standard or other standard. I mean check if you need spanners in mm size or inch size. Old model bikes could have non metric fasteners.
Manish Hulbatte #23